Skip to main content

Strive...I will : Independence Day Special Poem by Kriss Venugopal



Strive... I will

 

I am born to breathe the air of love

My land is a gift from heavens above

I am an Indian, being so my birthright

And I see a future for my land, bright

 

I remember the blood shed, thoughts fed

Salute the heroes, the mothers who fed

I adore the paths the fighters did tread

My heart bears them, they are never dead

 

My right to live, to speak with no dread

I have more rights, my country has said

But I have my duties too, and I have read

To do all that I can, more than what's said

 

The land of knowledge, the land of peace

Where I want the vision to be seen with ease

Gurudev's vision for my land will not cease

Striving for more, growth, wealth, and peace

 

Break down the narrow domestic walls, I will

With a religion of love, let's move uphill

I have the wings of fire spread, burning still

Strive... with all heart and soul, I will...

Comments